Wow, who would have thought you could whip up a fudge so quickly?
This is a cheats version, no saucepans and boiling involved, but if you ever need to whip up something sweet in a hurry, try this super quick and easy recipe.
For ease of removal from the tin, line it fully with baking paper.
No special cutting instructions are required, it cuts very smoothly and easily with a sharp knife, you won’t even need to rinse your blade
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk (395-420 grams)
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence or extract
- Line a 6x8 inch or 8x8 inch tin or dish with baking paper.
- Place the Condensed milk and Chocolate chips in a heatproof jug or bowl, stir to combine.
- Place in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Then remove from microwave, stir.
- Microwave another 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, stir, if choc chips are fully dissolved, stir through the Vanilla.
- Pour into prepared tin and smooth the surface with spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
There are loads of recipe modifications you make:
For Jaffa fudge use Dark Chocolate and Orange Essence instead of Vanilla.
For White Chocolate Fudge, use white chocolate and Vanilla
For Milk Chocolate, replace with milk chocolate chips
For Peppermint, replace with Dark chocolate and Peppermint essence
There are so many combinations you could try, these are just a few.
Or get creative with your topping too, melt some white chocolate, drizzle across the top in a zig-zag pattern just after you’ve poured the fudge in the tin and smoothed it, then with a tooth pick, drag the point through the top of the fudge in the opposing zig-zay fashion and you should have a lovely pattern.