If you love Blueberries, you might just find this Apple Blueberry Bread is your new favourite blueberry recipe. Apple Blueberry Bread is a very quick way to whip up some quick morning tea. You just need to wait for it to bake…
Toast each slice to perfection and serve warm. If you’re not going to serve warm, you might want to add some extra brown sugar to the recipe as blueberries are not overly sweet.
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large apples (3 small) peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Orange or Lemon Zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, Fan Forced (or 180 Conventional)
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, or grease and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, place the sifted Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Bi-Carb of Soda, Salt and Cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs lightly and whisk through the olive oil.
- Add the olive oil and egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stir until combined (it will look like bread crumbs).
- Now add the Milk and stir until just combined, the batter will be very thick.
- Gently stir through the cubed apples, frozen berries and zest (if using) until evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour into prepared cake tin, smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes until firm in the centre or inserted skewer comes out clean.