If you like Banana Bread, you’ll LOVE Banana and Raspberry Bread!
Banana Raspberry Bread is so moist and delicious, and best of all it’s so quick and easy to make. If you have left over bananas this is a great way to use them up. The browner the better! I used frozen Raspberries but you could substitute for other frozen berries such as blueberries- or fresh berries if you have them.
Serve Cold as a cake, or toast and serve with whipped butter.
This recipe is adapted from Lisaeatsworld.com feature of a Kim Meredith recipe from Super Food Ideas, see the post here.
- 150 grams Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2/3 cup brown Sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the Oven to 160 degrees Celsius, Fan Forced (or 180 Conventional)
- Heavily grease or line a loaf tin.
- Mash bananas (sometimes 40 seconds in the microwave helps), leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one by one until thoroughly combined.
- Add the mashed Banana and Vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Sift over the dry ingredients (Flour and Baking Powder), stir until no flour pockets remain.
- Add the milk and stir through until just combined
- Stir through the frozen berries.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin, smooth the top down with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-65 mins until firm or inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Wait 5-10 minutes before tipping out from loaf tin.
- Serve warm with butter, or toasted, or serve cold as a cake.