Better than Chocolate. Well, almost.
Choc Date Cashew Balls
SO EASY! Make them.
I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t substitute Cashews for Almonds, or Regular dates for Medjool Dates. These kinds of recipes are very forgiving, so as long as you can roll it into a ball, then you can pretty much substitue whatever you like!
My favourite tool is a cookie scoop. It ensures consistent sizing for this type or thing- and biscuits. It is basically a smaller ice-cream scoop- get them on ebay. It saves a lot of time!
Please note- these instructional pictures are from a similar recipe here that does not have cashews, the process is the same.
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Cup Dessicated Coconut
- 200 grams Dates (regular ones- Deglet Noor)
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup boiling Water
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Place Dates, Cocoa and Coconut oil in a bowl- pour boiling water onto cocoa and coconut oil (stir until coconut oil has melted (if not already melted)
- Place the Cashews, Choc Date mixture and Dessicated Coconut into bowl of food processor with the chopper s-shaped metal attachment.
- Process several minutes until well combined and mixture is sticky and able to be rolled into balls. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl in between processing as required.
- Roll into balls (i use a small cookie scoop) and then coat in coconut, sunflower seeds, Chia, crushed nuts or whichever coating you choose. You may choose to have no coating at all!