If you’re looking for a way to feed your kids Zucchini, or you have an abundance of homegrown ones and are wondering what to do with them, this Yummy double Chocolate Zucchini Bread with choc chips, is a great way to use them up and enjoy a not-so-unhealthy chocolaty treat!
Best served warm, or microwave each slice for 20 seconds to soften the choc chips and release the sweetness.
- 1 and 1/2 Cups grated Zucchini (about 250 grams) - 2 small zucchinis/1 medium.
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa (Unalkalinized)
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarb of Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Choc Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yoghurt, Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius Fan Forced.
- Grease a loaf tin (9x5 inch).
- Grate by hand, or use a food processor to shred the Zucchini, then place on paper towels to absorb excess moisture (but not all of it- you need it to still be moist)
- In a large bowl, stir the Flour, Cocoa, Bicarb of Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, and chocolate chips together until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Olive Oil, Yoghurt, Sugar, and Vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and gently stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the zucchini until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into greased loaf tin, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.