Possibly the easiest Pie you will ever make. A lethal combination of dark chocolate and easy-no fail caramel. Your guests will only need a sliver of this wickedly sinful desert.
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie
- 1 1/4 cups thickened cream (1 cup for ganache, 1/4 for caramel)
- 250 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 340 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 36 Oreo biscuits
- In food processor, process oreo biscuits until finely crushed.
- Pour 125 grams of melted butter into crushed biscuits and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a tart tin or pie dish and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk constantly until boiling, boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately slowly pour in ONLY 1/4 cup of cream whilst whisking constantly until mixture is smooth and dark brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins and then pour caramel into frozen base.
- Place in freezer again whilst you make the chocolate ganache.
- Place dark chocolate into a glass bowl. Bring ONLY 1 cup of cream to the boil in a small saucepan over rmedium heat.
- Remove cream from heat and immediately pour over chocolate. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then whisk slowly until fully combined and a glossy dark ganache forms.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the semi-frozen caramel and then refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve. (Or freeze 30 minutes if in a hurry).
- Garnish with some freshly ground sea salt. I used pink Himalayan rock salt. Or alternatively you can leave the salt off if you prefer- but it really does enhance the flavours.
In the meantime make the caramel filling.
Dark Chocolate Ganache Topping: