Dijon Vinegarette Potato Salad
Not your normal Potato Salad- BETTER! Try this Dijon Vinegarette Potato Salad at your next BBQ!
This Dijon Vinegarette Potato Salad can be modified to include anything you like in your potato salad. The basic recipe is just the potatoes and the Vinegarette. Everything else is optional. I love Wholegrain Mustard, Gherkin Relish and Bacon in my potato salads, so that is what i added to this one. Dill is great too instead of parsley.
I’m not a fan of mayonnaise, but i love salad dressings, this combines the best of a vinegarette with a traditional potato salad.
This recipe is based on a Jamie Oliver Vinegarette Potato Salad with a few enhancements.
- 2 Kilograms White Potatoes, large or baby potatoes.
- 250 grams Bacon, fat removed, cooked (grilled or pan cooked), cut into fine strips (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 Red Onion, finely sliced, or cut into tiny pieces (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Tablespoon Gherkin Relish (OPTIONAL)
- 1 handful Parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar (or White Wine Vinegar)
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- In the microwave you can either peel or not peel, microwave whole and cut when cooled or microwave already diced. Cover microwave safe bowl in glad wrap- do not add any extra water. In this recipe I used large potatoes, peeled and diced before microwaving to save time.
- Cook the bacon (if using) by either grilling or dry pan frying and cut into fine strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Dijon Mustard, Vinegar and Olive Oil together until it thickens. Add the Wholegrain Mustard and Gherkin Relish if desired and whisk through.
- Pour the Vinegarette dressing over the mostly cooled, cooked potatoes, stir gently to coat, add bacon, chopped parsley and onion and stir through. Garnish with a sprig of parsley to serve.