Double Choc Chip Muffins, these are so quick and easy, virtually foolproof- and using patty pans ensures minimal clean up!
These are perfect microwaved for 15 seconds- just long enough to soften up the choc chips!
TO make them extra pretty, scatter a few choc chips over the top just before baking.
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup white or Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil or melted butter (cooled) (Canola, Olive etc)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Choc Chips (I like mini ones)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, Fan Forced.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with patty pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt).
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, add the milk, oil or butter and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Then add the choc chips and stir through until just combined. Do not overwork this mixture or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon into patty tins until about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-8 minutes until muffin tops have domes, then turn heat down to 175 and bake a further 13-17 minutes until springy to touch.