Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
This Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Cake recipe comes from Nigella Lawson, It’s really easy and quick to mix up. It is Gluten Free and Dairy Free, making it perfect for dietary intolerances. This is a great recipe when perhaps you run out of butter, or want to make something chocolatey but only have cocoa on hand. I have made this several times, it always turns out well.
Enhanced with the raspberries and served warm or cold it is soooo goooood!! (I prefer it cold)
I think the raspberries make this desert, so if you don’t have the raspberries, make sure you serve with something else acidic or cream/ ice cream.
- 150 ml Olive Oil (good quality- Extra Virgin is best)
- 50 grams good quality Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 125 mls Boiling Water
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 150 grams Almond Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 200 grams Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius, Fan Forced.
- Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the sifted Cocoa Powder into a small bowl and whisk in the Boiling Water until it becomes a smooth but slightly runny paste. Add the Vanilla and stir through.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the Almond Meal, Bi Carb of Soda and Salt.
- In another medium bowl, place the Olive Oil, Eggs and Sugar, beat on high for a few minutes until mixture is thick, aerated and pale yellow.
- Slowly pour in the cocoa mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the Almond Meal mixture and stir through until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until centre of cake barely looks damp- no wobbles. A skewer should come out clean except a few crumbs.
- Let cake sit for at least 10 minutes before removing from cake tin and serving.
- Serve warm or cold. Dust with Icing Sugar and garnish with Frozen or Fresh Raspberries to serve.