This recipe is exactly the same as my Apple Cranberry Cake except this one I have replaced the Milk with Almond Milk (or you could use Soy) and also the Flour and additives have been replaced with Gluten Free Self Raising Flour.
Such a fruit loaded cake, it has to be a healthier, more natural alternative than many other cakes. This Cake is tart because of the Cranberries and super moist because of all the apple. A beautiful tea cake.
Dairy free as it uses no butter (just 2 Tablespoons of oil, preferably Olive).
I used Frozen Cranberries in this recipe, Frozen Blueberries would be just as divine (and sweeter too), also you can definitely use fresh, but try to use berries that aren’t squishy, and add them last so you don’t damage them too much when stirring them through.
I used a square tin purely to differentiate that this cake was gluten free, but a loaf tin is much nicer, so use one if you can.
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 large Apples (3 small), peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup Frozen Cranberries or Blueberries
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup of Almond Milk (or Soy)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, Fan Forced (or 180 Conventional).
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper, or an 8x8 inch square cake tin.
- In a large bowl, place sifted GF flour, Sugar and Cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs lightly and whisk through the olive oil.
- Add the olive oil and egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stir until combined (it will look like bread crumbs).
- Now add the Almond Milk and stir until just combined, the batter will be very thick.
- Stir through the cubed apples and frozen berries until evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour into prepared cake tin, smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes until firm in the centre or inserted skewer comes out clean.