Lemon Dijon Lentil Salad:
This Lemon Dijon Lentil Salad is the perfect quick salad to go with almost any meal. It has a great tangy acidity so is perfect for a BBQ or even on it own. Serve with grilled chicken or fish for something light and tangy. So quick to make, and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
- 500 grams (or 1/2) Butternut pumpkin
- 120 grams Baby Spinach, washed and spun dry
- 425 gram can of Cooked Lentils, rinsed and drained
- (1 Lemon) 1 teaspoon Lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Peel the butternut pumpkin, remove the seeds and chop into 1cm cubes. Microwave until tender, but not overcooked. Alternatively you can roast the pumpkin and then chop- this will give a sweeter taste. Leave to cool.
- Zest the lemon rind and then juice the lemon.
- Place the spinach leaves in the base of a large flat salad bowl.
- Mix together the lentils and the cooked pumpkin pieces until evenly distributed, spoon onto spinach leaf base.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients until creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad immediately prior to serving.