So… It’s not 100% mexican because it has sweet Chilli, but you will forgive me when you realise how amazingly delicious this is. It’s a showstopper and so incredibly easy and quick!
This recipe comes to me care of a couple of friends/family who have brought similar dishes to get-togethers, but I did what i usually do and change things up a lot.
Use the Cream Cheese that comes in a tub, not a block, it won’t be soft enough as a block.
If you want to take this dish to another level, substitute the red onion for spring onion, and add some fresh coriander!
Place a blob of sweet chilli sauce on the bottom of your serving dish, this will help the cream cheese not stick to the bowl and make it easy to scoop up.
- 250 gram tub of Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, de-seeded, and diced into tiny cubes
- 1 extra large avocado or two normal sized ones
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 red onion, diced into tiny cubes (or spring onion)
- Handful of fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 large packet Corn Chips
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Use a large flat based serving dish, preferably with sides. If you don't have one large enough to accommodate the dip and the cornships, serve the dip seperately.
- Place about 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce in the middle of the dish.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave on very low power until just soft enough to mix easily. Mix in the taco seasoning until a smooth paste forms. Spoon this on top of the sweet chilli sauce.
- Gently mash the avocado with the lemon juice so there are till some small chunks for texture. Spread this on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Very finely dice the de-seeded tomatoes and onion and mix together. Add the coriander if using. Spoon on top of the avocado.
- Garnish with 2-3 Tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (less is more in my opinion) and spread the corn chips around the outside of the dip.
- You know what to do! Enjoy!!