Oreos and Nutella. Put together in a cheesecake and you have a delicious desert that nobody can resist.
This Nutella Oreo Cheesecake is a great dessert to whip up for company as it is super quick to make, virtually foolproof, and then you can just set and forget. No baking and no gelatine to mess with.
A quick food processor base, with a quick whipped filling, this recipe has just the right amount of nutella in it to give maximum nutella taste (short of being 100% nutella).
- 90 grams melted Coconut Oil or Unsalted Butter
- 28-30 Oreo Cookies
- 500 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 Cup Nutella (300 grams)
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate Chips (Cooking melts)
- 100mls cream
- Handful or toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 4-5 Oreos cut into pieces
- Place the oreos into a food processor, and with the sharp blade attachment, process until fine crumbs form.
- Pour in the melted butter, process again until thoroughly combined.
- In a 22cm springform tin, spread the oreo mixture over the base and push up the sides using the side of a measuring cup. If you wish, you can give it a scalloped edge as i did or just leave straight.
- Place in the freezer until ready to fill.
- In a heatproof bowl, microwave the nutella and the dark chocolate pieces together for 30 seconds, stir thoroughly, then another 30 seconds. Stir through until the chocolate has thoroughly dissolved into the nutella, if not, microwave just a little more. Be careful not to burn.
- With the cream cheese at room temperature, gently beat until broken up and smooth. Add the nutella mixture and beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add 100mls of cream and beat again until light, fluffy and mousse like.
- Spread into prepared base smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours until firmly set.
- Garnish with chopped Oreo cookies and toasted hazelnuts.
This recipe is based on this one from HotChocolateHits