This super simple, four ingredient Raspberry and Almond Cake is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Yummy! So easy to make.
Raspberry and Almond Cake
- 2 1/2 Cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm cake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, Fan Forced.
- Mash two cups of the raspberries, set aside. Reserve 1/2 Cup for garnishing the cake later.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar on high for 8-10 minutes until they are thick, pale and creamy and have increased in volume. You really do need to beat them for this long.
- Gently fold in the Almond meal and mashed raspberries in thirds alternating between the two.
- Once fully incorporated, pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until cake is golden brown and firm in the centre.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Once fully cooled, garnish with the remaining raspberries, some sifted Icing Sugar and Almond Flakes.