Very quick and easy healthy snack using only the food processor.
Delicious like Carrot Cake, these Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Balls use the traditional carrot cake spices (Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves) and honey for sweetness.
This recipe is great for using up a few left over carrots.
You can use either Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans or Cashews for this recipe, it’s up to you.
If you don’t have Chia seeds you can add some extra Almond Meal, LSA, or plain protein powder or even extra coconut in the same quantity.
If you are using Almonds as the nuts- you may wish to omit the almond meal from the recipe as it is primarily in there to give extra firmness.
Be sure not to add extra spices, as this recipe has enough spice already.
You do not have to use desiccated coconut to roll the balls in, you can substitute for other crushed nuts, almond meal or chia seeds etc…
Makes approx 12-16
- 3/4 Cup Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans or Cashews)
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 6 Medjool dates (or 10-12 regular dates softened in boiling water for 10 mins)
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered Cloves
- 2-3 Tablespoons Almond meal, extra
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated coconut, extra, for rolling
- Place all ingredients in the food processor, except the Almond Meal and the Desiccated Coconut for rolling.
- Process on high for several minutes, scrape down the sides then process again until you have a stiff, sticky uniform mixture.
- Add the extra Almond Meal if your mixture is too sticky, stir in then process for several seconds.
- Using a small cookie scoop (approx 1 Tablespoon), roll into balls and coat in the desiccated coconut.
- Store in the fridge.