So Delicious, So quick and easy to whizz up in the food processor.
You can use Raw Almonds or Raw Cashews for this recipe (I used Cashews).
You can modify the ingredients in this recipe too. I added extra orange rind as i had some left over from another recipe.
You can add more or less lemon juice (bearing in mind if you add more they will become less firm)
You can use dessicated or shredded coconut.
Preferably use Medjool dates due to their stickiness, but you can also use regular dates , perhaps soften slightly in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain before use.
You can also press this mixture into a dish to make a slice, be sure to use baking paper if you do this to ensure easy removal. Refrigerate then slice when cold.
Makes approx 24
- 1 Cup Almonds or Raw Cashews
- 1 1/2 Cups dates (Medjool- or softened regular dates)
- 1 1/4 Cups dried Coconut (Shredded or Dessicated)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons firmly packed Lemon Zest
- Place all ingredients in food processor with sharp blade attachment.
- Process, scraping down sided in between if necessary, until all ingredients are thoroughly processed and reach a sticky consistency which you are able to roll into balls.
- Use a small cookie scoop to ensure consistent sizing (approx 1 heaped Tablespoon each)
- Roll in dessicated coconut to balls do not stick together, or you can use Chia seeds, crushed nuts, Cocoa etc...
- Store covered in the fridge or a paper bag.