Talk about Super Quick and easy. This Roasted Capsicum and Chickpea Dip has a great flavour; sweetness from the roasted capsicums, freshness from the Coriander, a thicker consistency because of the chickpeas, a little kick from the Garlic and a bit of zestiness from the lemon juice. Very quick to make, you can place all the ingredients in a blender or stab mixer, pulverise, Voila!
Home roasted is always best but roasted Capsicum from a jar is just fine. To roast them yourself simply place de-seeded capsicum quarters skin side up under the grill and grill until skin is blackened and bubbled, then once cooled, just peel off the blackened skin.
Serve with oven toasted pita bread triangles, corn chips or any other type of cracker or lavosh you fancy.
- 375-425 gram Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Roasted Capsicums (From a Jar or fresh Roasted, skins and insides removed.)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Handful Coriander
- Juice from Half a Lemon
- Toasted Pita Bread Wedges to serve
- In a blender, small food processor or in a just using a stab mixer and a jug, place all ingredients..
- Blend until smooth and lump free.
- Serve with Toasted Pita wedges or crackers etc.