Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters
These Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters are great, vegetarian and healthy! Also really easy.
Great on their own or in a veggie burger.
Serve with your favourite sauce. I recommend Hummus or Tzatziki. Recipe for Home Made Hummus Here.
- 1 Kilogram Sweet potato, peeled and chopped into microwaveable sized chunks
- 2x 410 gram Cans Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup Fresh Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Extra breadcrumbs for coating the outside of the patties.
- Oil to fry
- Tzatziki or Hummus to serve
- Salad or burger buns to serve
- In a large microwaveable bowl, place the peeled and chopped sweet potato chunks and a tablespoon of water, cover with clingwrap. Microwave on high until cooked and soft, checking occasionally. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, add the spices, coriander and stir until well combined.
- Add as much of the breadcrumbs as you feel you need to make a consistency stiff enough to press into patty shapes.
- Place large scoops of mixture onto a plate covered with the extra breadcrumbs, shape into a patty shape then coat the other side with breadcrumbs.
- Fry gently in a non stick pan in a little oil until crispy and golden.
- Serve hot on a bed of salad or in a burger bun.
- Serve with Hommus or Tzatziki.